.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, February 18, 2006

 

Faulty Stove Pipe Installation Demolishes Home

The contractor was doing the stove owner a favor. But favors from people who don't know what they're doing wreck havoc. This fire was the result of an improperly sized 'thimble' where the stovepipe passes through the wall.

"The Waterbury Connecticut Republican American Newspaper": "No one was home when a neighbor spotted flames shooting from the raised ranch on Holabird Avenue at 3 a.m. Saturday. The building was engulfed in flames by the time firefighters arrived a short time later, and was largely destroyed. The value of the loss has been estimated at between $150,000 and $200,000. "

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?